Saturday, May 11, 2013

Disapointment

Well I went in today for a cycle day 12 ultrasound and things are not looking good in there. Blood work showed low estrogen (not good) and the ultrasound didn't show any follicle larger than 12 mm. I am in the waiting game right now. I should know more on Tuesday when I go back for a follow up, but as of right now I am not feeling terribly optimistic. True some women are late responders to Femara, and still ovulate but on a later day, but others don't respond at all. I feel like I am not going to respond at all. 

I think the worst part of infertility is the feeling like your entire life is on hold while you wait to get pregnant. For example right now I know that I have 72 hours before I find out if I can grow a follicle and I most interested in those 72 hours passing as quickly as possible. I know that I only will be alive on this earth for a finite number of hours and I should probably enjoy every one of them (or at least try to). I wasted my entire summer last year worrying that I was infertile only to discover that yup I sure am and now I am worried I will waste this whole summer worrying if I will ever ovulate. 

It's been a rough day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment