Thursday, May 23, 2013

We met again with the doctor last week and have a new plan. We are going to do 3 weeks of birth control pills to suppress the ovaries and give everything a rest and then we are doing Gonal-F shots. We will start with 3 days of 150 and then 2 days of 75 and then go in for an ultrasound and see how things are progressing. I have to wait a little bit to start my birth control pills because I want to be sure my husband is home for any follicles that have grown and he is away June 20-24.

I am of two minds about this. On one hand I am really excited to try shots and I am pretty optimistic that they will work, but on the other hand I am terrified they won't. We are starting to run low on options and it scares me that I won't be able to have biological children at all. 

The other downside is infertility is really, really, really expensive. I am working over 50 hours this week and next week and it's exhausting me. My job is pretty physical and I come home tired and aching all over. At least the time is passing quickly until our next cycle this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment