Wednesday, June 26, 2013

So far I have done 5 days of the Gonal-F shots. We did 150 IU for the first three days, and now we are down to 75 IU. I have an ultrasound this morning and after that I will increase/decrease my dose depending on response.

I have to admit, doing the shots has been harder than I thought it would be. Luckily we have had very few side effects (mostly, I am just very bloated a bit emotional), but the actual puncturing myself with a needle is hard. I thought the first one would be hard and then it would be easy, but psychologically it's harder than I thought to puncture the skin. Last night my friend who is an RN showed me how to do it in my thigh though and that was much easier, so I think I will do that from now on.

Mr. Chickadee and I are both feeling pretty anxious about my ultrasound this morning. We have yet to have confirmed ovulation, so we are nearing the point where it all went to shit last time. I am trying to tell myself that CD 7 is early and if there isn't a lot of growth that does not mean the whole thing is a bust, but I know that I am going to feel crushed if I leave there with no measurable follicles.

Wish me luck that my ovaries are not continue to stink at being ovaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment